Region 5 - South Texas Plains
Most trails in the South Texas Plains Region are quite similar to one another; after-all, with few exceptions most are within the city limits of San Antonio or very close by. This isn't to say that if you ride one South Texas Plains trail you have rode them all. Each is unique in its own right. McAllister Park and O.P. Schnabel provide ample amounts of fast singletrack, while Government Canyon State Natural Area offers up plenty of challenging climbs laced with rocks of all sizes and plenty of loose ones (think Hill Country).
Note: MountainBikeTx.com only lists legitimate trails. We do NOT list bandit trails. If a trail we have listed is not a legal place to ride, please notify us immediately and we will look into it.
Note: Trails marked with an asterisk (*) are not listed on the Googlemap
- 700 Acres*(no longer active, see FAQ's)
- Falcon State Park, Falcon Heights
- Government Canyon State Natural Area, San Antonio
- Lake Casa Blanca International State Park, Laredo
- Leon Creek Greenway, San Antonio
- Loma Alta Park (Creek Trails), Laredo
- Manadas Creek (Shiloh Trails), Laredo
- McAllister Park, San Antonio
- Mission Hike and Bike Trail, Mission
- Morales Ranch, Laredo
- Mud Creek, San Antonio
- O.P. Schnabel Park, San Antonio
- Olmos Park, San Antonio
- Salado Creek Greenway, San Antonio
Don't see the trail you are looking for listed?
Check out our Texas Mountain Bike Trails Directory to see if we have it listed by another name.
Cities in the South Texas Plains Region
Alamo | Alice | Beeville
| Castroville | Crystal City | Donna
| Eagle Pass | Edinburg
Falfurrias | Fannin | Floresville | George West | Goliad | Gonzales | Helena | Laredo
McAllen | Mission | Panna Maria | Pearsall | Pharr | Pleasanton | Poteet
Rio Grande City | Roma | San Antonio | San Juan | Selma | Three Rivers | Weslaco